Format & Call Letters
Adult Contemporary - Hits Of The 70's, 80's and the Best Of Today's Music. WTCQ FM
98Q's targets consumers with a high disposable income.
Target Audience: 98Q is targeted for women 25-54 with the core being Women 25-49 and Woman 35-44 who want to hear a broader range of music from the decades when they were growing up into their adult lives.
The adult female consumer is one of the most lucrative groups for local retailers and other businesses to reach.
98Q continues to dominate in its target demo. 98Q targets active consumers with purchasing power.
Artist Profile: 98Q is full of great hits from core artists like Elton John, Maroon 5, Journey, Bruno Mars, Madonna, Kelly Clarkson, Michael Jackson and Cobie Caillat, Fleetwood Mac, REO Speedwagon, Adele, Train, Matchbox 20, John Mayer and many more.
Get exposure to thousands of affluent customers each week with 98Q.
98Q listeners have spending power.
Age: 98Q targets woman in the prime 25-54 demographic.
Gender: Females 12+ favor 98Q.
- 60% of 98Q are female, 40% are male.
- The majority of this important demographic falls significantly into the 25 to 55 age group.
Household Income: 98Q listeners have high earning power.
Occupation: 98Q targets individuals who are employed fulltime in a variety of occupations including: owner, manager, professional, clerical, trade, skilled sales, and technical.
Education: 98Q listeners listeners are well educated.
- Over 20% Completed college or more.
- Over 27% Have completed some college.
- Over 33% Completed high school.
- Over 50% of 98Q listeners have attended college.
Number of people in household under 12 years of age:
- None 63%
- One 21%
- Two 10%
- Three or More 4%
98Q listeners are in their prime earning and spending years.
98Q targets affluent home owners. A huge category with these consumers is home improvement and home decorating.
Home Spending:Started or completed in the past 2 years:
- Interior painting/wall paper
- Landscaping or yard improvements
- Exterior painting/staining
- Energy conservation projects
- Floor tiles or vinyl flooring
- Installed windows or doors
- Other home project(s)
98Q listeners are huge shoppers with purchasing power.
98Q exclusive adult contempory format allows advertisers to reach a large consumer group that can’t be reached with any other station.
- Purchased a wide variety of electronic devices including computers, tablets, smart phones, MP3 players, video games, and HDTV's.
- Were big consumers of furniture, mattresses, major appliances, and automobiles.
- Purchase fine and costume jewelry, cosmetics, perfume, and skin care products.
- Enjoyed going out to restaurants often every month. Almost 90% went out in the past month.
- Purchased men and women's clothing, children clothing, men's and woman's shoes and accessories.
Investments: 98Q targets listeners who have high incomes and invest in mutual funds, stocks/bonds, retirement programs, savings accounts, etc.
Activities: 98Q attracts listeners who are very active participating in exercise and fitness, biking, golfing, gardening, and hiking.
98Q listeners enjoy going out to music concerts, sporting events, bars and restaurants.
98Q listeners are in their prime income and spending years.
Here's Why 98Q Targets Women
80% of all (male, female, and child) apparel purchases are made by women.
94% of all home furnishing purchases are controlled by women.
85% of all household spending is controlled by women.
50% of new computers are bought by women.
91% of all real estate purchases are influenced by a woman.
20% of home purchases are made by single women.
85% of all new vehicle purchases are directly influenced by a woman.
92% of packaged goods spending is controlled by women.
52% of all new vehicle purchases are made by women.
70% of travel decisions are made by women.
92% of all vacation travel decisions are influenced by women.
55% of wine purchases are made by women.
45% of all electronics purchases are made by women.
61% of all electronics purchases are influenced by a woman.
90% of women participate in decisions that affect household investment and retirement accounts.
Source: Bridget Brennan, author of Why She Buys and recognized expert on women consumer behaviors and motivations.
98Q Coverage Map
To Learn More How Radio Can Help
Grow Your Business Click Here